Finalists for the 2017 50 Most Influential Young Cameroonians ranking which honours distinguished young Cameroonians, has been announced by organisers: Avance Media & COSDEF Group.
The 50 Most Influential Young Cameroonians ranking recognises distinctive service across 9 different categories: Business, Entertainment, Leadership and Civil Society, Lifestyle, Media, Personal Development & Academia, Science & Technology, Sports and Social Enterprise & Philanthropy.
Winners will be announced on 12th February, 2018.
Hailed as one of the most credible, the Most Influential Young Cameroonian rankings is the most respected system that honours youth excellence in Cameroon. The 2017 Cameroon ranking is the second in the series.
Previous edition ranked activist Achaleke Christian Leke as the 2016 Most Influential Young Cameroonian.
MD of Avance Media, Prince Akpah explains that “This year’s influential young Cameroonian is someone whose work has undoubtedly had a positive impact in Cameroonian life. The nominees have all excelled in their various endeavors, working to improve the lives of others, through hardwork, personal sacrifice and in most instances, made bold and brave commitments.”
CEO of COSDEF Group Javnyuy Joybert also reiterated the importance the ranking plays in shaping various young people’s lives across Cameroon as they now have other young people to look up to in their daily pursuit of success in career and entrepreneurship.
Public voting has officially opened on cm.avancemedia.org to determine the overall 2017 Most Influential Young Cameroonian, and winners for the 9 categories.
Here is the full list of the 2017 Nominees
- Bamai Namata (Maibeta Inc)
- Clifford Ndecham (Skyhigh Group Plc)
- (Dora) Bryant (LUX Global)
- Gilbert Ewehmeh (YES Cameroon)
- Mfontoh Blaise Abenwi Shu (ThinkFast BC)
- Roland Fomundam (Greenhouse ventures)
Entertainment (in partnership with WatsUp TV)
- Daphne (Musician)
- Mr Leo (Musician)
- Nsang Dilong (Actor)
- Oboy Da Comic (Comedian)
- Stanley Enow (Musician)
- Syndy Emade (Actor )
Leadership & Civil Society
- Achaleke Christian Leke (Activist)
- Apostle Lefor Divine (Wisdom Center International)
- Apostle Numfor Alain (Power & Wisdom City Church International)
- Awah Francisca Mbuli (Survivors’ Network)
- Kungaba Fongoh Leonel (Cameroon Active Youth Association)
- Celine V. Fotso (Jewanda Magazine)
- Eliane Glamstar (Blogger)
- Gina Efeti (Blogger)
- Kibonen Nfi (Fashion Designer)
- Liz Ngwane (Fashion Designer)
- Mfon Emmanuel Veranyuy (Blogger)
- Amy BANDA (Amy Banda TV)
- Bonteh Engelbert (Bonteh Media Network)
- Calvino Wallang (Presenter)
- Charles Ebune (CRTV)
- Delly Singah (DellySingah Show)
- Ngwane Hansel Masango (Hansel Media)
Personal Development & Academia
- Budi Nobert Mbua (Next Digital Ventures)
- Didier Ndoheu (JUMP Cameroon)
- Egbe Desmund (Camer Human Capital)
- Fotabe Elmine (Fotabe Entrepreneurial Leadership Academy)
- Madelle Kangha (Jumpstart Academy Africa)
Science & Technology
- Arthur Zang (Himore Medical Equipments)
- Horore Bebga (AFRICANWITS)
- Mambe Churchill Nanje (Njorku)
- Mpara Faith (New Generation Technologies)
- Njang Mbeng Emmanuel (Health Education and Research Organization)
- Shafack Amanda Likhene (Women Techmakers Buea)
- Ambroise Oyongo
- Benjamin Moukandjo
- Fabrice Ondoa
- Nicolas Nkoulou
- Vincent Aboubakar
Social Entreprise & Philanthropy
- Emilia Epeti Miki (Denis Miki Foundation)
- Feka Parchibell (The ‘Hope For Vulnerable and Orphans)
- Miki Gilbert (Vocational Center for International Development)
- Monique Ntumngia (Green Girls NGO)
- Noela Lyonga (Noela Lyonga Foundation)
The 50 Most Influential Young Cameroonian ranking is proudly organised by Avance Media and COSDEF Group in partnership with CELBMD Africa, KINNAKA TV, ASE Technology, Reputation Poll, Abjel Communications, WatsUp TV, TANOE Business, My Naija Naira, Dream Ambassadors Foundation GH and CliqAfrica.