Avance Media Announces 2018 Top 50 Ghanaian Journalist List
Leading African rating and PR firm, Avance Media has released its inaugural list and comprehensive report on leading Ghanaian Journalists dubbed Top 50 Ghanaian Journalists.
The list which features journalists from over 30 media institutions was released to celebrate and throw the spotlight on Ghanaian newsmakers, newscasters and evangelists of credible information in the media both locally and internationally.
According to the report published by Avance Media, women form only 20 percent of the rankings after research on the work of over 300 Ghanaian journalists. The publication which also highlighted the criteria used in selecting the top 50 journalists named: experience, diversity, track record, quality reporting, and impact of work among the key indicators in choosing journalists from over 300 to make the final publication.
Joy FM recorded the highest representation with 6 journalists in the publication followed by TV3 with 4 journalists, and Citi FM, GHOne TV and Peace FM recording 3 journalists each.
The Multimedia Group Ltd also recorded the highest number of journalists numbering 10 followed by EIB Network (5), Despite Media Group (4), Media General (3) and Omni Media (3).
In announcing the list MD of Avance Media, Prince Akpah noted, “The basis of journalism as the fourth estate and a watchdog for corruption and injustice brings an unequivocal responsibility for journalists to be equally skilled and hard-working as they are virtuous and ethical”. He further stated that the purpose of the publication is also to provide accessible information on journalists who have dedicated their career to creating stories that go beyond news, but make available an avenue of impact coupled with their stories.
Avance Media is noted for its credible ranking activities across the African Continent as they partner with individuals and organisations to project positive stories about Africa.
Also speaking about upcoming projects from Avance Media, Managing Partner and Head of Business Development, Kwame A.A Opoku recommended an annual conference for Journalists in Ghana which would create a common platform for the experienced to share their lessons and views as the upcoming turn it into an avenue of mentorship.
A detailed report about the list can be downloaded via www.avancemedia.org/ghanaianjournalists
Below is the full list of the 2018 Avance Media Top 50 Ghanaian Journalists arranged in alphabetical order:
- Abdul K. Malik Baako || The New Crusading Guide
- Afia Adutwumwaa Morosa || Peace FM
- Afia Pokuaa || Adom FM
- Akosua Sarpong || UTV
- Akwasi Sarpong || BBC
- Ameyaw Debrah || AmeyawDebrah.com
- Anas Aremeyaw Anas || Tiger Eye PI
- Bernard Avle || Citi FM
- Bismark Brown || Atinka TV
- Bright Nana Amfom || TV3
- Chris-Vincent A. Febiri || GhanaCelebrities.com
- Dan Kweku Yeboah || Peace FM
- Daryl Kwawu || Joy FM
- Edward Kwabi || TV3
- Elvis Darko || The Finder
- Evans Mensah || Joy FM
- Fortune Alimi || Daily Guide
- Francis Abban || Starr FM
- Gary Al-Smith || Joy FM
- Gifty Anti || GDA Concepts
- Israel Laryea || Joy News
- Jefferson Sackey || Presidency of Ghana
- Juliet Bawuah || Freelance
- Kent Mensah || StarrFMOnline.com
- Kofi Adomah || Kofi TV
- Komla Klutse || TV3
- Kwabena K. Boateng || GhanaWeb
- Kwabena Yeboah || GTV
- Kwame Sefa Kayi || Peace FM
- Kweku Temeng || GHOne TV
- Kwesi Pratt || The Insight Newspaper
- Mabel Aku Banesseh || Daily Graphic
- Manasseh Azure Awuni || Joy FM
- Michael Oti Adjei || TV3
- Nana Aba Anamoah || GHOne TV
- Nana Yaw Ampofo Ankrah || Kwese TV
- Nathaniel Attoh || Joy FM
- Norvan Acquah Hayford || B&FT
- Omanhene Kwabena Asante || Adom TV
- Patrice Amegashie || TV Africa
- Patrick Osei Agyemang || Adom TV
- Paul Adom Otchere || Metro TV
- Peace Hyde || Forbes Africa
- Ridwan Karim Dini Osman || GHOne TV
- Saddick Adams || Atinka FM
- Selikem Apaloo Acolatse || GTV
- Seth Kwame Boateng || Joy FM
- Thomas Naadi Bitlegma || BBC
- Umaru Sanda Amadu || Citi FM
- Vivian Kai Lokko || Citi FM